March 20, 2014 Leave a comment
Many people order an espresso or reach for an energy drink when they need a boost. However, there are other foods that can give you a similar increase in energy and are, arguably, a lot healthier. Here are a few examples:
- Coconut oil. It contains high quantities of medium chain fats, which are a quick source of energy.
- Honey. It tastes sweet because it’s a natural form of sugar. As we all know, sugar gives you a quick boost.
- Iron containing foods. Lack of iron in your diet can leave you feeling sluggish. Adding more beans, spinach, and lentils to your diet – perhaps in salads – can help boost your iron levels.
- Nuts. Almonds, cashews and other nutrient-rich nuts are the ideal quick snack for an energy boost.
- Dark chocolate. It’s great news for chocolate lovers, but keep the portions small.
- Finally, not drinking enough water can also rob you of energy. In fact, water may be the best energy-boosting “food” of them all.